Sunday, December 25, 2011

Express Christmas ™

Express Christmas
The past days, I have been a grinch for Christmas. I sabotaged Christmas by convincing my mother not to put up any Christmas decor. and yes, I was successful. In another incident, I did not include myself in an exchange gifts with college mates. and top it all of, I DID NOT FEEL CHRISTMAS-Y AT ALL.
I don't really know, but I hated Christmas as the days approach the date, everything was not in the right mood, I have lots of home works given by a few grinch professors from the university to attend to, and lastly, i don't feel like it.

Well, surprisingly the "Grinch Christmas" I was expecting was the least that ever happened. Obviously, all you have for Christmas is your family, and I was all bummed about it because I wanted to try something new, maybe like with friends or somewhere I would find stupid, and regret it later. This year was like no other, I had Christmas with my family-- emotions calmed down, broken relations temporarily were fixed. It were as if I was the glue that held everyone together in welcoming Christmas.

Mother's work shift on the 24th was from 6am to 7am, which means less time for cooking and anticipate that she would be exhausted from a 13hr shift. So yes, I did most of cooking. Father was just available on Skype since he's working abroad, I took the initiative to include him in our Noche Buena by bring the feast table nearer to the computer so he can feel the Christmas he was accustomed to. I also invited grandma over noticing that they prepared nothing, and also giving her the chance to talk to my father. I also talked and greeted my bedridden aunt with happiness and joy. Everything went like a blur, it was EXPRESS CHRISTMAS.
From that episode of Modern Family, where Phil (Ty Burell) takes the initiative to set up a family dinner since everyone would be somewhere else on Christmas day itself. And although it was just December 16, everyone in the family divided the tasks needed for them to have their Express Christmas.
I realized, everyday CAN BE Christmas day. And the best company you can have on this day is your family. Gloria (Sofia Vergara) was able to encapsulate the perfect definition of family.
"Family is family, whether it's the one you started out with, the one that you end up with, or the family that you gain along the way, which make everyday, December 16 [Christmas]."
Merry Christmas everyone! 

4 comments:

  1. And so this is you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey anon! I don't get what you mean!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was trying to tell that this is the real you. I agree on this statement-"everyday can be Christmas day", I just realized that Christmas is not about the gifts and food, it's about spending time with my family. Gifts are just packaged with Christmas but it's not the real essence of Christmas.

    Merry Christmas Clark! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas anon! Good point right there!

    ReplyDelete