Sunday, December 18, 2011

Outwit, outcast!

Survivor: Exile Island
Let's face it, I am not the jock type of person. I don't obviously have the brawn, but I definitely have the brains!
It has always been one of my insecurities, being NOT genetically gifted-- tall, buffed, strong, an alpha-male, that's not ME!
But nature has it's ways, I belong to the outcasts in the society-- short, lanky and a nobody.  


Looking at the bright side, I utilize what I have, my BRAIN. And yes, I'm cocky enough to brag about my way of thinking. I've always been amused that around my friends, they seem to not observe and infer things in the environment. I'm really different, I connect with the environment and scheme or plan for my own safety and comfort. Well, blame my excessive watching of reality shows like Survivor and Big Brother. Call me paranoid, but I do believe that someone is always after me. I believe in Hobbes' theory of the state of man. "The world is in constant war, and every man is for themselves. No morals, no rules as long as you achieve self-actualization."
It's true, man in nature is selfish, and Survivor proves you that. Well, back to the main focus of this post-- outwit, YES! I may not have the alpha-male build, but I can scheme and utilize my resources, like the alphas in my environment. I can ride on their coattails and dispatch them when I don't need them anymore.  And I would do that, and won't be sorry. I prioritize myself, and I use my brain into good use.
And if I were to participate in that Survivor challenge, all I would do is wait for someone to find the pillow, inch myself slowly and run for dear life. In that way, energy is conserved from digging, and less physical contact with the enemy.
Well, it seems like the first post is a little bit the peculiar side of me which most people would consider amoral, but who cares. It's me- take me or leave me!

4 comments:

  1. Do you really think you're an outcast?

    But personally, I really appreciate the way you knew yourself :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do think I am, but I try to put up this facade of being confident, to which people think I am too blunt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I see, you don't have to mask yourself with too much confidence because you have what it takes to be confident, and I know that your heart is New York so you think you're an outcast, but you're just brave enough to be who you are in this society.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, sweet words anon! Thanks :>

    ReplyDelete